The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) will present a 30-minute, interactive webinar on how small businesses can succeed through innovation Oct. 14, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. (ET). This unique opportunity is free and open to all small businesses.
During the webinar, small business owners and business experts will discuss how to innovate in a live interactive session utilizing videos, online polling and a Q&A session. Several small businesses included in the webinar demonstrate how using innovative ideas have helped them to thrive. They are:
- The Thunder Show of Springfield, N.J., – See how a young wine retailer is using YouTube and other social networks to reach 20-somethings
- Bike Arc of Palo Alto, Calif. – Learn how a bicycle owner created a new product line by rethinking how and where to park your bike
- To-Go-Ware of Berkeley, Calif – See how one woman’s start-up encourages people to reduce their “forkprint” by buying reusable containers and utensils
SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills is featured in the webinar along with savvy business experts, including Stephen Key, an inventor and founder of inventRight.com, and Steve King, founder of Emergent Research and author of a major study on small business. Discussion will focus on:
- How to recognize innovation when it occurs in your business;
- The habits of highly successful business owners;
- New tools to help you stimulate innovation; and
- How to improve your competitive position in the coming decade.
“Small businesses are the key driver of our nation’s economy and innovation that will create jobs and strengthen our competitiveness in the global market,” Mills said. “This type of best practice sharing and discussion is another part of SBA’s commitment to making sure small businesses have the tools they need to succeed.”
Small businesses can register for the webinar by going to D&B’s Small Business Portal at