1. Visit the sites of other companies to find out what you like and dislike. Do some sites seem to “work” while others don’t?
2. Decide what objectives you want your site to meet. Do you want it to be fun, funny, educational, “cool,” or all of those things?
3. Consider your corporate culture and your company image. Your site should support both.
4. Design or re-design the site to meet your objectives. Unless you have a real expert on staff, hire a consulting firm to do the job.
5. Get feedback. Ask customers how your site can be made more useful to them, and keep making improvements.
Brought to you by SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business.”
Ask SCORE for advice.