1. Begin with a statement of purpose. You should be able to explain your business in 25 words or less.
2. Tell how your business will work and why it will be successful. List the owners.
3. Fill in the business details. Describe its products or services, the customers, the market and the competition. List the managers and their credentials.
4. Supply three years of projected financial statements. Include income, loss, and cash-flow projections.
5. Provide supporting documents, such as references from creditors and potential clients and suppliers, evidence of insurance and the like.
Brought to you by SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business.”